Open Hearts, Open Minds, Open Conversations: To-Gather Picnic Table Preview with Seven Local Architectural Teams
Thursday, July 22
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CDT
Zoom (Registration required)
This spring, Tri-Faith put out a call to local architects to conceptualize, design, and build one-of-a-kind picnic tables to be placed throughout the city.
Picnic tables are a place we come together to share food, stories, and a sense of community. Like the Tri-Faith Commons, the picnic table is a symbol of a place where we can build relationships and trust across lines of difference.
You are invited to this special Open Conversation, as seven local architectural teams share the inspiration and design drawings for their sculptural picnic tables.
We’ll be joined by:
- Mike Hamilton, HDR, Inc.; Table Location: Yates Educational Community Partnership
- Daniel Conaway, Alley Poyner Macchietto Architecture + HGA Architects; Table Location: Countryside Community Church
- Jeff Dolezal, TACK Architects; Table Location: Congregation of Temple Israel
- Ross Altheimer, TEN x TEN Landscape Architecture and Urbanism; Table Location: American Muslim Institute
- Jeremy Carlson, Slate Architecture; Table Location: Holy Family Catholic Church
- Brad Brooks, B2 Lab; Table Location: Nelson Mandela Elementary School/Miller Park
- Mike Hamilton, Altus Architectural Studios, Table Location: University of Nebraska at Omaha
To-Gather is sponsored by Security National Bank, HDR, Goldstein Family Foundation, and Lozier.
Tri-Faith Initiative events are recorded and archived on our YouTube Channel.
Spread the Word